Demystifying the Cloud
In general, cloud computing is understood to be ‘delivering hosted services over internet’. But it is defined as the use of computing resources in a remote location over the network. It follows different structures of computing such as grid, utility, client-server, etc. to support different resources.
Cloud Computing Components:
Types of Cloud:
- Public Cloud:A standard cloud computing model where applications, storage and other resources are available in free or pay-per-use model for public provided by a service provider.
- Community Cloud:Sharing of infrastructure between several organizations for similar requirement by realizing some benefits over it.
- Hybrid Cloud:Composition of two or more clouds that are bounded together but remain as unique entity forming multiple models.
- Private Cloud:Is otherwise called as internal or corporate cloud, where the cloud infrastructure is operated separately for an organization with a limited number of people behind the firewall.
Cloud computing Services:
- IaaS(Infrastructure as a Service): A provision model where organization outsources computer infrastructure that is used to support operations including storage, hardware, servers & networking components.
- PaaS(Platform as a Service): Is a way to deliver computational resources such as hardware, operating systems, storage and network capacity over the Internet.
- SaaS(Software as a Service): Applications that are hosted by a service provider which are accessed to the clients over a network.
- NaaS(Network as a Service): A capability to provide cloud network connectivity services to the user
Diagrammatic Representation of Cloud Services
Common Factors about IaaS, PaaS, SaaS:
- Protect your API keys
- Instant Scalability
- Pay per use
Comparison of IaaS, PaaS, SaaS: