Open Source Practice
Congruent’s Open Source Software Expertise
CIOs across the world are choosing open source technologies to increase business growth, optimize system performance, and reduce costs.
Congruent’s expertise in open source technology capability combined with cost efficiencies of the global delivery model makes us the ideal choice as a partner in the journey down the open source path.
Some areas where we can deliver significant business advantages to an enterprise are:
- Take control of your software: Custom develop and modify code to suit your requirements and control your budget.
- Escape vendor lock-in: freedom to choose your preferred vendor.
- Low cost of ownership: There is zero cost of scale as open source doesn’t require additional licenses as the installation grows. But it requires cost for software support to ensure reliability and reduce running cost by at least 80%.
- Security: Developers globally contribute and analyze the code, making it more secure and constantly increasing quality.
- Continuity: Open source software is not dependent on a single entity and gives users the advantage of the community.
Congruent’s Open Source Expertise
- J2EE (JSP, servlets, EJB, JMS) -based applications using JBoss application server as well as Tomcat servlet engine
- LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) -based applications
- DHTML-, Python-, ZODB-, and Jabber-based information management tools
- Apache Xalan for XSLT-based front-end
- Apache Axis for web services implementation
- Content management systems such as Dhrupal and Joomla